Our guide to Pembrokeshire is continually growing, we hope to have listed as much information as possible and welcome any suggestions if you have any. Please use the navigation links above to view the various sub sections for Pembrokeshire.
This page is a brief overview of Pembrokeshire with links to listings of many of the attractions and activities available throughout the County of Pembrokeshire.
Please note - Although we do periodically check the links on this and the following pages, we cannot guarantee the quality or content of any external websites.
The County of Pembrokeshire is home to the popular holiday destinations of Tenby, Narberth, St Dogmaels, Newport, Fishguard and St David's. The County is also home to the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park which encompasses not just the Pembrokeshire coast but also the Preseli Hills - home of the Preseli Bluestones found at Stonehenge.
Divided in to the north and south by the imaginary Lansker Line, there are noticeable differences as you traverse the County.
In the north you will notice a much higher presence of Welsh place names and you are more likely to come across many of the locals chatting away in Welsh. The north is also more mountainous and rugged than the south and a lot less built up. Small Villages and Towns dot the landscape, some hidden in deep valleys and others sitting right on the coast. Think hidden Welsh fishing harbours, market towns, pretty chocolate box villages, rugged coastline and mountains and you won't be far from painting a picture of north Pembrokeshire.
The south by comparison has been known as 'Little England beyond Wales'. The place names are mostly English and the landscape is much softer than the north of the County. Many popular Victorian seaside towns still draw in huge numbers of tourists at all times of the year and if you really cannot do without a Mc Donald's, then the south of the County is the place to head for.
Where ever you go in Pembrokeshire, you will never be far from the coast and beaches - you can drive from the north to the south within an hour and from east to west in pretty much a similar time. The choice of beaches in Pembrokeshire is huge, with the likes of Barafundle, Newport Sands, Whitesands, Newgale, Broadhaven and Saundersfoot amongst others to choose from - the most difficult aspect of going to the beach will be choosing which one to visit.
For those of you who love history - Pembrokeshire will not disappoint. From the Neolithic on, you can find remains, ruins and preserved antiquities across the whole of the county. Head to the north for standing stones, cairns, dolmens and even a rebuilt Iron Age farmstead. You could also visit St Dogmaels Abbey or the Cathedral at St David's. In the south the walled Town of Tenby with its Tudor Merchant's House or a visit to Pembroke Castle are sure to please.
Attractions and Activities across the County are so vast that we are sure there is something for everyone. Head to the coast for spectacular coast path walks, kayaking, surfing, coasteering and boating or go inland for pony trekking, hill walks and much more. There are hundreds of places to see and things to do in Pembrokeshire - just make sure you have enough time to fit them all in!
Links to our listings for Pembrokeshire
Other Sites with Pembrokeshire Information
Companies that advertise in our brochure
- Gourmet Pig - Delicatessen, Cafe. 32 West Street, Fishguard SA65 9AD
- Voyages of Discovery - Wildlife Voyages to the North Pembrokeshire Islands
- Ty Twt Dolls House - Unique collection of Dolls Houses from 1840 to present, plus vintage toys and games museum.
- Penbanc Fabrics - Curtains, Upholstery, Craft, Dessmaking and much more....
2 miles from Newport Pembrokeshire
TEL: 01239 820568
OPEN: 10am - 6pm (closed Tues, Fri & Sun)
- Hows it Done - Holiday Let, Private Home & Business Cleaning
- Audrey Johns - Makers of the finest bespoke curtains, cushions and blinds
- Angel House - Gorgeous Gifts. Newport, Pembrokeshire
- The Old Sailors - Licensed Restaurant. Pwllgwaelod Beach, Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire - Tel: 01348 811 491
- Washday Laundrette Newport, Pembrokeshire - Tel: 01239 820 820
- Cardigan Island - Coastal Farm Park at Gwbert, Cardigan SA43 1PR
- Gwaun Valley Brewery - Brewery & Visitor Centre, Pontfaen, Gwaun Valley, Fishguard SA65 9TP
- Newport Pembrokeshire - Guides, info and much more about Newport Pembrokeshire
- Welsh Hot Tubs - Hot Tubs, Swimspas, Endless Pools, Saunas
- The Royal Oak - Pub and Restaurant/Takeaway in Newport - also Newport's Curry House
- The Canteen - Handmade Pizzas to take away in Newport, Pembrokeshire.
- The Coach House - Cafe, Visitor Centre and Museum in St Dogmaels, Pembrokeshire.
- Blas at Fronlas - Cafe selling homemade food and fresh local produce in Newport, Pembrokeshire.