- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Set within the heart of the Cardiganshire countryside, this large detached holiday cottage and barn conversion is an excellent choice for birdwatchers and ramblers alike.
Equally suitable for families who simply wish to relax in a remote and stunning setting, with large gardens and nearby forestry to explore.The property has lots of character, reflecting the fact that it has been a well-loved home from home for many years.
It is furnished in a traditional style and sleeps up to eight.Within walking distance the nearby hills afford superb panaromic views of Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia National Park. Local sites of interest are the gold mines (seasonal opening) at Dolaucothi dating back to Roman times, and Llyn Brianne reservoir near Tregaron.Lampeter is about 4 miles away, and the attractive coastal towns of Aberaeron and New Quay just over half an hour's drive. The Fishers Arms is an excellent pub in Cellan, on the way to Lampeter.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x Double, 1 x Double Children's Bunkbeds, 1 x Double in Annexe and en-suite Shower Room with separate shower, basin & WC
- Ground Floor Shower Room with separate shower, basin & WC
- Dining Room and Snug with woodburning stove
- Sitting Room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stoves
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, music system, iPod dock, WIFI (can’t be guaranteed), telephone available for incoming calls
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking four cars
- Large open plan garden area over two small fields with plank seating and picnic bench
- Two well behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 2.5 miles and coast 17 miles.
About the location
Carmarthen 23 miles; Aberystwyth 25 miles; Cardigan 29 miles.
Lampeter is the smallest and oldest university town in Wales, and boasts a fine selection of small, locally-owned shops. It's also home to a museum, a Welsh quilt museum and has a wealth of unique tea rooms, pubs and restaurants, regular markets and a fine food festival. Surrounded by beautiful rolling hills and rivers, the area is ideal for walkers, cyclists and nature lovers. The lovely market town of Llandovery and picturesque Aberaeron Harbour are both just short drives away and the nearby Dolaucothi Gold Mines are well worth a visit. The coastlines of Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire are also within a short drive offering spectacular sandy beaches, superb coastal walks and the opportunity to venture out on boat trips to spot some dolphins in their natural habitat. From ancient castles to modern theme parks, Lampeter is a great base to enjoy a holiday all year round.
Note: Maximum of 5 adults or 4 adults and 4 children. Note: No baby equipment please bring your own. Note: Please bring your own beach towels. Note: A basket of logs is provided for the fire, more are available locally. Note: Please be aware that there may be some areas of the woodland garden which are not safe so please supervise children at all times.