- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
1 Customer Review(s)
“The positives: - the cottage is lovely and the location excellent.”
- the kitchen facilities were excellent. - the garden is lovely. The cons: - the night storage heating didn’t work, but we were given extra wood and coal and luckily the weather was kind. The ?: - we looked at rebooking again for next year and the price seems to have gone up from the £650 we paid to over £1,500?
This pretty pink holiday cottage is in the old fishing village and harbour of Lower Town, Fishguard.
The cottage is just a few minutes walk from the quay and slipway, where there are excellent launching facilities for sailors, windsurfers etc.
Local fishermen often provide fishing trips for those who wish to catch their supper or you can go and listen to tales of "the one that got away" in the local pub (The Ship Inn).A walk up the hill leads you to Fishguard town which has a good selection of pubs, eateries, shops and galleries.
Newport, St Davids, Porthgain, Strumble Head and Abereiddy are all close by.
The cottage is also ideally situated for the keen walkers (the coastal bus passes through the village) and is close to the beautiful and spectacular Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and the Gwaun Valley.If you are holidaying with your dog, at low tide the harbour provides ample space for them to enjoy as too does the coastal path and the local Marine Walk which starts at Lower Town and goes on to Goodwick.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x King Size Double, 1 x Children’s Bunks/Double
- Bathroom on half floor landing with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Sitting room with dining area with open fire.
- Electric central heating and open fire
- Electric oven, microwave, full height fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV, DVD player, WIFI, well-stocked book shelf
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Small courtyard garden with bench in front of cottage and lawned garden and patio in rear
- One well-behaved dog welcome, must be kept downstairs
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub and coast 2 minute walk.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £50.
About the location
St. Davids 16 miles; Tenby 36 miles.
Fishguard is an ideal holiday destination on the award-winning Pembrokeshire Coast, which has been voted the second best coastal destination in the world according to the National Geographic magazine. The town itself has an array of gift shops, tea rooms, restaurants and pubs and offers the opportunity of viewing the superb Last Invasion Tapestry, which has been compared to the Bayeux Tapestry. Day trips to Ireland run daily and the picturesque Lower Fishguard Harbour is a delight for sailing enthusiasts. From this perfect holiday base you can enjoy the amazing coastline, the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, the beautiful Preseli Hills, where the Stonehenge Blue Stones originated, or explore the array of historic castles, working mills and visit the smallest city in Wales with its magnificent St. Davids Cathedral. Whatever you are looking for, this is a fantastic location for all ages.
Note: Please bring your own cot linen and beach towels.
Note: Dogs are not allowed on the soft furnishings.
£50.00 good house keeping deposit
Note: A complimentary basket of logs are included, more are available on an honesty basis.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute