- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
sleeping up to 16 guests. The Old Cow Barn sleeps 7 in 3 bedrooms and The Mill & Stable sleeps 9 in 4 bedrooms. 15 yards apart with a pelasant garden between.
A delightfully converted former Mill & Stable block in Carmarthenshire situated just a few of miles outside of Laugharne, famous as the village where Dylan Thomas lived and wrote in his boat house.
This self catering holiday property is furnished and equipped to a high standard with quality fittings and furnishings throughout.
Laugharne castle stands in the centre of the village and there are several pubs, restaurants and shops.
Pendine Sands, the 7 mile stretch of sand made famous by Malcolm Campbell and his car Bluebird are just 10 minutes away.
The County Town of Carmarthen is 13 miles away and has an excellent selection of high street and individual shops.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x Ground Floor Double, 1 x Ground Floor Twin with electric hospital bed and hoist, 1 x First Floor Double and en-suite basin & WC, 1 x First Floor Triple and en-suite Bathroom with freestanding bath, hand-held shower, basin & WC
- Ground Floor disabled accessible wet room with shower, basin & WC
- Open plan living area with Kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric double oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, Sky Freeview TV, DVD, WIFI (connection not guaranteed)
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available on request
- Off road parking for three cars
- Enclosed walled patio with table and chairs
- Two well behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile, coast 2 miles.
About the location
Tenby 16 miles.
Laugharne, with its majestic castle standing on a low ridge overlooking the wide Taf River Estuary, is famous for its associations with the poet Dylan Thomas, and a visit to his Boat House and the writing shed where he wrote most of his works is a wonderful experience. Beautiful walks in and around the castle, with breathtaking views of the estuary, can be followed by cream teas in quaint little tea rooms, a drink in the local pub or shopping in the gift shops and mini market. The nearby sandy beach at Pendine is where many land speed records have been famously set on its seven mile stretch of beautiful flat sand, and a little further afield are the seaside resorts of Tenby and Saundersfoot. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year.
Note: Please bring own beach towels and cot linen. Note: Bedroom 2 has a fully functioning electric hospital bed with a hoist. A wet room is also available for less able guests.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute