- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
sleeping up to 16 guests. The Old Cow Barn sleeps 7 in 3 bedrooms and The Mill & Stable sleeps 9 in 4 bedrooms. 15 yards apart with a pelasant garden between.
This beautifully converted holiday barn in Carmarthenshire is situated just a couple of miles outside of Laugharne which is famous as the village where Dylan Thomas lived and wrote in his boat house.Laugharne castle stands on a low cliff in the centre of the village and there are several pubs, restaurants and shops.
Pendine Sands are a 10 minute drive away and there is a 7 mile stretch of sand made famous by Malcolm Campbell and his car Bluebird.
The County Town of Carmarthen is 13 miles away and has an excellent selection of high street and individual shops.
The property is furnished and equipped to a high standard with quality fittings and furnishings throughout.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x Ground Floor Double, 1 x Ground Floor Twin with electric hospital bed and hoist, 1 x First Floor Triple and en-suite with freestanding bath, hand-held shower, basin & WC
- Ground Floor wheelchair accessible wet room with shower, basin & WC
- Open plan living area with Kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric double oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, Freeview TV, DVD, WIFI
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available on request
- Off road parking for three cars
- Patio area with table, chairs and BBQ
- Two well behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile, coast 2 miles.
About the location
Tenby 16 miles.
Laugharne, with its majestic castle standing on a low ridge overlooking the wide Taf River Estuary, is famous for its associations with the poet Dylan Thomas, and a visit to his Boat House and the writing shed where he wrote most of his works is a wonderful experience. Beautiful walks in and around the castle, with breathtaking views of the estuary, can be followed by cream teas in quaint little tea rooms, a drink in the local pub or shopping in the gift shops and mini market. The nearby sandy beach at Pendine is where many land speed records have been famously set on its seven mile stretch of beautiful flat sand, and a little further afield are the seaside resorts of Tenby and Saundersfoot. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year.
Note: There is a hospital bed with hoist in the downstairs room. There is also a wet room with shower chair. Note: Please bring your own beach towels and cot linen.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute