- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Enjoying a secluded setting in the heart of the Preseli hills in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Plas y Bangor (The House on the Great Bank) makes a fabulous getaway. The cottage is tucked away down a track, surrounded by pasture and woodland with valley views from each room.Footpaths criss-cross the land giving immediate access to many miles of walking in an area of unspoilt beauty, steeped in history and folklore.Pentre Ifan burial chamber, probably the most iconic Cromlech in Wales, is a pleasant half hour walk through country lanes passing by Ty Canol wood; part of the largest block of ancient woodland in West Wales.Just downstream is the rocky outcrop where the bluestones for Stonehenge were extracted (see photo of excavation).The seaside town of Newport is 10 minute drive and offers a variety of individual shops and galleries, good eateries, welcoming pubs and a Local Produce Market every Monday.Nearby beaches include, Newport Sands, Parrog, Pwllgwaeold, Cwm yr Eglwys and Poppit Sands.The towns of Cardigan, Fishguard, Narberth and Newcastle Emlyn are worth exploring too.The cottage has been thoughtfully extended to provide a welcoming and wholesome environment; there is an eclectic range of local arts and crafts collected by the owners over the years making it quirky and individual.
- Main living area on one floor with short flights of steps to bedrooms
- Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size, 1 x super king-size with hand basin, 1 x twin
- Sofa bed, bedding not supplied
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Bathroom with bath, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area
- Heating is by night storage heaters and the multi-fuel stove
- Electric double oven, hob and grill, microwave, larder fridge, freezer, beer fridge, washing machine, TV, WiFi
- Selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove included in rent
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Cot and high chair available
- Ample off-road parking
- Landline on an honesty basis
- Large natural garden surrounds house with access to neighbouring fields
- Front terrace with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs and coast 10 minute drive
- Note: Max 6 adults.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Newport 5.5 miles.
The village of Brynberian, found in the rambling Pembrokeshire countryside, is nestled in the heart of the Preseli Hills, where sheep and wild horses amble though with cattle grids to keep them on the mountain. The town of Newport is 5.5 miles away, where you can find a wonderful sandy beach, gift shops and a round of golf. A 20 minutes drive takes you to Cardigan, which boasts a selection of unique shops along with tea rooms, two cinemas, a modern theatre and live music. Cardigan is also home to a large beach called Poppit Sands, which is ideal for relaxing in the summer and also perfect for an exhilarating winter walk. The Iron Age fort of Castell Henllys is nearby, providing a great day out for all the family, while there are a number of walks and cycle trails to explore. An ideal location, within easy reach of all that Pembrokeshire has to offer.
Note: Lovely isolated location. Note: Please bring your own beach towels and cot linen.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute