More things to do in Pembrokeshire
Beaches for all the family in Pembrokeshire
Pembrokeshire has a wealth of beaches to choose from and our list below is just a small selection from them. For this article, we are concentrating on beaches with easy access from a nearby car park, RNLI Lifeguards during the summer months and a good range of facilities nearby.
Our list goes from north of the County to the south via the west coast.
- Poppit Sands is a large sandy dune backed beach a mile to the west of St Dogmaels. During school holidays, Poppit Sands can become very busy and if you are planning a visit be sure to get there early so that you can park.
At Poppit, you will find car parking (paid during holidays), a cafe, RNLI Lifeguards and WC's
More on Poppit Sands
- Newport Sands lays on the northern side of the Nevern Estuary near the Town of Newport. There is a mile of dune backed sandy beach which is flanked by cliffs on both sides - making for a quite sheltered spot. A section of the beach has been allocated for cars to park on.
Facilities at Newport Sands include a small ice cream shop/cafe, RNLI station and lifeguards, two car parks (charges apply during the summer) and WC's.
More on Newport Sands
- Whitesands is situated some 2 miles from St David's on Pembrokeshire's north west coast. As the name suggests there is sand and it is also white but to make the best of this beach visit when the tide is low as much of the beach can be submerged on incoming tides.
There is a car park (paid for), WC's, Lifeguards and a cafe
More on Whitesands (opens in a new tab)
- Newgale (North) is on Pembrokeshire's west coast. Newgale is a huge beach and is very popular with surfers as well as families. Another to visit at low tide as there is not much sand left (if any) on a high tide.
There is a car park (paid for), WC's, Lifeguards, a cafe and a pub.
More on Newgale North (opens in a new tab)
- Newgale (South) is situated a mile or so south along the coast from Newgale North.
There is a car park (paid for), WC's, Lifeguards and a cafe.
More on Newgale South (opens in a new tab)
- Broad Haven is a good sized beach on Pembrokeshire's west coast, over looked by the village of Broad Haven. There is about a mile of sand backed by a seawall and the beach is flanked on both side by cliffs.
There is a car park (paid for), WC's, Lifeguards. In the village, you will find pubs, cafe's and shops.
More on Broad Haven Beach
- Tenby North Beach is a sandy beach situated next to Tenby's harbour.
There is a car park a short walk away (paid for), WC's, Lifeguards. In the Town, you will find pubs, cafe's and shops.
More on Tenby North Beach (opens in a new tab)
- Tenby South Beach is a large sandy beach situated below Tenby Golf Course.
There are two car parks just a short walk away (paid for), WC's, Lifeguards.
More on Tenby South Beach (opens in a new tab)
- Saundersfoot is a wide, flat and sandy beach situated below the seaside resort of Saundersfoot.
There is a car park just a short walk away (paid for), WC's, and Lifeguards. In the Village, you will find pubs, cafe's and shops.
More on Saundersfoot Beach (opens in a new tab)